Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
Who Inspired The Mayor of Imaginationland? PostThu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 pm Offline
Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:40 pm3
Imaginationland (aka Kyle Sucks Cartman's Balls - The Trilogy) was re-aired last night and I couldn't help but point my browser to wikipedia just for fun to see what interesting tidbits of surely accurate information there was on the episode.

One thing bought my eye though (points if you get that reference).

According to Roger Ebert (and thus Wikipedia), the Mayor of Imaginationland was inspired by Mr. Sophistication from the 1976 movie 'The Killing of a Chinese Bookie.'

Frankly I think Roger has lost his head (not just his jaw, heyo!).

I was always under the impression that the Mayor was, at the very least, 95%+ inspired by the animatronic Dreamfinder character in the ride Journey Into Imagination that used to be at Disney World's Epcot Center back in the 80's and 90's.

Is there an official take on who or what the inspiration was behind the Mayor? Just wondering...
Re: Who Inspired The Mayor of Imaginationland? PostThu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17580Hollywood, CA
Yes, it's Dreamfinder from EPCOT's Imagination pavilion (thus the "Imaginationland" in the three episodes).
Trey was at Disney World the summer before this trilogy aired. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Who Inspired The Mayor of Imaginationland? PostThu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm Offline
Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:40 pm3
Okay yeah, that's what I thought.

Ebert can suck it.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts